Frequently asked questions
What can I expect in the first session?
At the first session, I would like you to share your story so I can get a picture of what life is like for you and what you are hoping to get out of therapy sessions.
If you are unsure what you hope to achieve in these sessions, that’s okay. Opening up to a therapist can be hard. There may be topics that are difficult to raise, it can take a while to talk about deeply personal issues.
We will go at your pace together.
Cancellation of Appointment
It is difficult to fill an appointment spot when cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours notice. Please allow more than 24 hours notice to cancel your appointment or full fee may be charged.
If you are unable to attend your session, call or SMS 0404 871 195 and your appointment can be rescheduled.
All sessions are strictly confidential. I will not share your information with others without prior permission from yourself, unless there is a danger of harm to yourself or others, or if a court of law requests your records.
- Online using Zoom. Once an appointment is booked, I will send a link to your email. Simply click on the link for video access. No need to download anything.
- Phone sessions. I will phone you at the agreed time.
- Cuppa & Cafe Counselling where we will meet at a cafe for a coffee or tea and a chat. If this interests you, speak with Janice for further details
Do I need a Mental Health Care Plan or a referral?
A Mental Health Care Plan is not required. You will not need to see a GP who would record a diagnosis on your medical records. This means that employers and insurance companies, who wish to find out about prospective job applicants, will not know if you have been accessing counsellors. This means that you have more choice about who you see and the number of sessions you can have.
You do not need a referral to my service.
How can I contact you for an appointment?
• Book online using the Contact menu.
• Email me : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call or SMS me on 0404 871 195. Leave a message and I will return calls within 24 hours.
Emergency Contact List
Janice Williams Counselling Services is not a crisis line. Should you have an emergency or crisis, please call 000 (Australia), or the emergency line in your country.
For residents of Australia, see contacts below: